Pros and Cons of consuming Marijuana:
Marijuana comes from a hemp plant Cannabis Sativa and has a component called tetrahydrocannabinol or shortly known as THC. It intoxicates the user and makes the person feel high. THC is simply a protective mechanism that prevents the marijuana plant from its predators.THC creates mind altering effects, which distinguishes marijuana as a drug. It makes a person want it more like an addiction, and a person becomes a victim even if he knows it is hazardous to health. There are over 400 chemicals in marijuana. Marijuana has a distinctive odor that attracts the predator. Just because marijuana is naturally grown, it doesn’t mean it isn’t bad for health, or it is legal to consume.
Benefits of consuming marijuana:
- Consuming marijuana at prescribed levels can have medicinal uses.
- Marijuana can improve the lung health of a person by reversing the effects of tobacco.
- The California Pacific Medical Center located in San Francisco released a report that proves, chemical components in marijuana can actually stop the spreading of cancer cells while some can also kill the cancer cells in the body.
- Low levels of marijuana can act as a drug and suppress pain. So marijuana can help people fight depression.
- Since we have already seen instances where marijuana can reduce pain, it also helps people who have multiple sclerosis by easing their pain.
- Since marijuana acts as a pain reliever, it also eases the patient and helps him sleep.
- It improves the human metabolism and helps the body to respond well to sugar, because of the same reason, a person who consumes marijuana is bony and slim.
- Marijuana can make a person creative. Though it is quite laughable, it is a logical fact.
Cons of consuming marijuana:
- Smoking weed can increase your heart rate by two fold. So people with heart conditions might collapse if they consume marijuana.
- Smoking marijuana will cause irritation in your lungs. This will heavily infect the lungs and might cause a severe cough and chest cold.
- Other physical issues like dizziness and breathing suffocation can also show up.
- Smoking up can cause sleeping disorders.
- Once the person smokes up, he transcends and gets to a different world. The same state can continue maximum upto 3 to 4 hours. Once a victim tries to withdraw, it can cause depression and paranoia.
- The person can become forgetful of the present and can also lose his senses.
- A poll that was conducted in America asked how many of its residents use marijuana.
- The corresponding results show that 1 out of every 8 people in the USA consume marijuana. Though it has its medicinal values, getting addicted to it is not a good sign. It can go to the extent of killing the user or leaves his health in a very poor condition.